Monday, May 21, 2007

starting a new blog


i had the old blog at www.livejournal.com/users/scent_memory but that's the old one and this is the new one. I think this one is just easier to deal with, as it's linked to my google account.

I thought that maybe i wouldn't tell anybody about this blog, but i don't think that's going to be the case.

since i have a camera built into my computer i think i should probably take a picture of myself with every post. that way i can eventually time lapse it all and watch myself grow. That is, if I don't let this one go away too.

I wanted to start another blog as a way to upload things that I learn or think are interesting daily. At least one f act a day, that way I can at least learn something interesting everyday, and maybe share it.

Today I had a test in biology that I studied for and studied for and i guess it paid off because i thought that it was pretty easy, though i didn't finish as fast as a lot of people. I was only iffy on a couple of the essay questions, about neural thresholds and about kidney function. I think that the worst I could have gotten was an 85%. On the last test I got an 88%, but I argued one of my answers about seed predators successfully, and ultimately got a 91%.

I got a tire fixed at les schwab today and they forgot about me, so what should have taken 15 minutes took over two hours. But i read a bit in the new yorker about barack obama. that guy seems all right. They way they described him, he seemed like kind of a jerk who doesn't like anybody. At least, I felt like he wouldn't like me If he met me, which made me wonder why he would he want to be president. Though the fact he seems like sort of an asshole and not a nice guy makes me trust him a whole lot more. I don't think anybody that wants to be president or is serious about being president should be smiling right now, or ever. I don't feel like you can really trust any info you get about anybody anywhere anyway, since even the candidates are trying to sell you on something. This is a pretty cliche blog post, so more about neat things.

I found a snail with a tiny tiny tiny shell underground. He is a snail, but the shell is the size of a pinky toe nail, like it didn't develop right. Since i've been catching and preserving insects for my BIO213 class, I thought i'd try saving a mollusc, and now I feel guilty. The reason I feel guilty is that right after I dropped him in the Alcohol, (which is everclear diluted down to 70%) he immedietely turned himself inside out. or at least a lot of his insides come out of his mouth and are still attached. I will post a picture soon, cause the camera is all the way downstairs. So here's this weird mutunt, minding his own business underground, probably has no friends, and I give him the most painful fiery burning death by drowning him in scalding alcohol and he resoponds by up-chucking his innards. He's in a baby food jar for now/forever.

I am currently downloading caddyshack on liam's recommendation. Yolanda and I started watching the first season of the Mole: UK but it's seemingly exactly the same and the Mole: Australia. Same challenges and everything. Not the same outcomes...entirely. They also said at the beginning that the contestants were told they were going to be on a fictional show...

No comments: