Thursday, June 21, 2007

summer vacation


This week has been my summer vacation, since I only have a little over a week off between terms. And it's been pretty good. On tuesday night Ben, Callen and Alex of the group Lemonade
came to stay at our house because they were playing a show in Portland. It's been a good time. they got another show this evening, at holocene, which is a better venue than berbati's pan, i think. their set last night was very enjoyable.
Also, a lot has happened the last few days with the insects i've been keeping. My moth pupa finally emerged and, as I suspected, it was Leptartica californiae.
I had suspected that's what it was after I mowed the lawn and many of them kept flying up from the grass. Also, my mystery eggs finally hatched!

this is what came out:

I am not sure what they are but they are tiny. That picture is on the side of a jar. They sort of look like tiny turtles. I am not sure what they are, so I am not sure what they eat. I found some more of the eggs on some ivy in my backyard. I think they are some kind of hemiptera, or true bug, but i really don't know. The best way to find out is just let them grow up.
My ladybug larvae finally got some aphids and at them all, and three of them went into a pupa stage. I hope to get the time lapse camera on them tomorrow. I think I have some time.
There are a lot of baby grasshoppers around. They are very small. Smaller than half a penny.

I gave this guy some lettuce and some leaves from the corn we bought and he seems to be enjoying them.

I start classes again on monday. I ordered a textbook from powells and saved about a hundred dollars, and then they emailed me and told me that it was unavailable. Lame. I found it on amazon and ordered it from a guy in WA. Right after I placed the order I found out that there are two versions of the book: Calculus and Single Variable Calculus. I really hope that I got the right one. I can't realy afford to order a text book I don't need. Luckily if I do need to order another one there are a lot of amazon that are about $70.

I think that's about all. I got an email from my mom that said that she made it to florida ok.

Also, I have to profess my love for daigasso! band brothers for the DS. like DDR for your fingers. Very good way to pass some time on the toilet.

No comments: