Tuesday, September 11, 2007

no elk pictures. the people at fred meyer one hour photo said that the roll was blank. that also means that the photo of the giraffe drinking another giraffe's pee that we thought we had is gone too. I shall never forget it, though I am sorry that I can't share it with you all. 
Yolanda got off to CA fine today. My watches came in the mail, after about 3 weeks of waiting. They were sent from Kiev in the ukraine, and i was told it would take a month. One has a picture of Yuri Gagarin (the first man in space) on it, the other has a picture of Belka and Strelka, the first dogs to make it into orbit and back alive. They are both manual watches, so i have to remember to wind them. 

OSU called me back today and although the Entomological Society of America says that ISU was offering an entomology minor in 2007, as well as online classes, OSU says they are not. That is disappointing news to me as it would have been loads easier to go there then North Carolina, which is my top choice right now. I think that I will still apply to OSU for the fall 2008 semester in case something changes. I would like to stay in the pacific northwest if I could. 

1 comment:

Side-up-down said...

Can I see the Yuri watch? I've always wanted some Yuri merchandise. I love the idea that the first man in space was a womanizing drunk.