Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Back to school

After a wonderful holiday break that ended on a sad note, I am back at school. This semester's schedule has worked out great though, as my tuedays and thursdays are totally free, that is. I don't actually have to be anywhere for them! i am taking two online classes which means that I don't have to put on pants to be there. This is great news since last term I had class every single day. My new writing teacher seems to have a lot of emphasis on blogging as "informal, low stakes" writing that is beneficial for practice as well as the ability to reach an audience. I used to be a blogging superstar, but not so much anymore. Ah well. We actually have to post or comment on the class blog twice a week as an assignment. I wonder how many blog enteries are about blogs? She had us read an article called "Entering the blogosphere." I gotta say, I really hate that word. My brother and I were talking about how news channels use blogs as new sources. As much as I love the internet, it's certainly given nobodies a power they don't deserve. All of this will make excellent material for my class. 

In case you didn't hear, my dad passed away on Dec. 30. I figured I would write something about it, but I don't really know what to write. Most of the week I spent in california was spent going through his stuff and deciding what's important. Immediately upon getting home, I started looking at my own belongings and thinking that I really need to simplify things. My dad didn't really have all that much stuff either. Going through his things and looking for things that I wanted to keep for myself made me feel weird and greedy. I have a lot of photos to scan for his memorial service. I'll probably just use iPhoto for the slideshow. It has nice transitions, and a default background music of a guitar version of Bach's "Jesus bleibet meine Freude" which is a popular song for alarm clocks. 

Tomorrow I am taking this laptop to the apple store at pioneer place to get this screen to stop flickering. I hope they have it briefly or let me take it how while they wait for parts, if it comes to that. 

No comments: