Sunday, January 13, 2008

Suckers

I was checking my $$$ account balances here online and there was a thing that said "convert your account to a rewards account" (right now I get cash reward with resulted in a cool 5.60 being deposited in my account this month!) If i opt for the rewards, I get a point for every dollar spent. What can I buy with points? Check this out!

3,500 points: clock radio
35,000 points: Duffel bag or kitchen aid mixer
70,000 points: bose radio

are you fucking joking me? since this is a new card, my limit is $2,500. I couldn't get these prizes if I wanted too! Plus, if you are stupid enough to take the duffel bag over the kitchen aid, God help you. A portable DVD player is 60,000 points! They totally under value the mixer. The next time somebody says they are using their card to get points when I ring them up, I am going to ask them if they have ever looked into actually reedeeming them. Enjoy your clock radio unless you spend more than 30 grand on food per year, fatty. Holy shit. At my cash rate, with the cash rewards, I could buy the clock radio in 3 months. And I just realized that the cash back was my debit card, so i'm not even paying interest to get that five bucks. I should print out the points-catalog-PDF and keep it in my pocket, so I can show it to them and watch their heart sink.

No comments: