Thursday, February 28, 2008

Getting Started

I am about to get started studying for my chemistry exam that I have in 11 hours. I think i'll do OK, though looking at the problems that deal with heat enthalpy from chapter 6 has me a little worried. I am pretty good at figuring the stuff out though. And i figure if i study until midnight, that's probably pretty good.

Oh LOOKY! while typing this...guess who's screen started flickering again!? This will be the THIRD TIME I WILL HAVE SENT THIS COMPUTER TO APPLE TO BE FIXED! and since the start of 2008, it will be my 6th trip to the apple store for a repair issue, including yolanda's ipod dying earlier this week. Had it not been under applecare, it would have been exactly one month after the warranty ran out. Let this be a lessen to perhaps NOT shop at the apple refurbished store (though yolanda's ipod's have all been new new new). It's her third ipod to have the hard drive fail. I know some of the geniuses by name now! Hi Devlin! Hi charlie! Charlie, that utilikilt is pretty fucking awful and you're fat and you're too old to work at the apple store! Devlin, however, you're a saint.

At this point, apple should just give me a new laptop, since this one only has the screen to be replaced. the entire bottom half is new, except for my memory. I think that I will tell them that, after taking out my memory and putting the original back in. I only got this computer last May.

So far this year, our router died, our cable internet had to be repaired, my laptop's been "fixed" twice, I bought and lost an ipod touch, yolanda's keyboard on her macbook stopped working, yolanda's ipod stopped working, and i lost an external hard drive due to a power surge. I must be making progress in anger management, because the old me would have killed somebody by now, or punched a hole in something.

Ok chemistry time! Let them eat salt, not cake!

1 comment:

Side-up-down said...

Oh man every time I procrastinate I think about this cartoon. It's the best thing ever. Hey alright.