Sunday, March 16, 2008

hitting the wall


I feel like i have hit a wall in chemistry.

I understand what is going on mostly, but the numbers aren't working. I can see what I am supposed to do, and i understand what I am reading, but i am not retaining it, and i feel like what we've learned in lecture is not entirely the same as what's going on in the homework, especially where the formulas are concerned. It's a little worrisome, since I need to know this stuff not only for monday's final, but i still have to take another quarter of general chemistry, and another three quarters of organic chemistry.

At least when I hit this point in calculus, it was only a couple of weeks before the end of the last term of math i ever had to take and I was able to fake it/ride it out to the end. This is really worrying me though. It's a little late to ask for help too, since my final is in about 32 hours, and i am working a lot of those hours, and i have to sleep at some point too, as well as somehow learn the material, finish the homework, prepare note cards, and take the final. Then i have 8 hours or so to prepare for my physics final that evening, but that one will be fine. I think i could not take the final and still get an A, I have a lot of points in that class. Ugh. Did I leave it to the last minute? Sort of, but i dunno. I'm just really worn out and sick of looking at numbers. I've literally been doing math problems every day for the last 2 years now. Have you ever run out of batteries on a calculator? I've replaced mine twice since i got it last spring. That's another sad thing - i really really love my TI-89 and i can't use it next term in chemistry because it can do things we are supposed to be able to do without a calculator, and it wouldn't be fair if some of the students could use them on exams and some couldn't.

No comments: