Monday, March 17, 2008

Nice n quiet

I came to the school library to study for my physics exam tonight, because i figured it'd be nice and quiet and i could get a lot done, but instead somebody decided to shoot off a gun in the neighborhood, or light firecrackers and throw them according to one guy with a beard, and now the "active shooter alarm" is going off, and has been for about 10 minutes or more. We are advised to stay away from the windows, and it's hard to study with the alarm beaconing. Here's a video! Live blogging from the scene of the emergency!




We had a drill for this about two weeks ago. It was scheduled and we were waiting for it. What's funny is i got a text message and my phone beeped during lab, and my physics teacher started hearding us into the back room saying "There it is! There's the drill!" and it took a while to explain it was my phone. I got a stern look for not turning off my phone. Right after everyone calmed down and got back to lab, it went off.

I'm glad I am studying right now instead of trying to take a final with all this noise.

...25 minutes later, it's all done! As soon as it stopped i got this email:

Portland Community College: PCC Cascade Campus, 705 N. Killingsworth St., currently is locked down due to reported gunshots fired in the vicinity. The shots reportedly were fired around 4:10 p.m.

I guess that 25 minutes was an exaggeration. 15 minutes then.

Jimmy, colby, and noel are off to japan today or tomorrow. I hope they have a fun safe trip with no shooter alerts.

No comments: