Thursday, June 26, 2008

PingPong is a bust

Noel, Colby and I tried to build the ping pong table I designed. Long story short it's not going to happen. Although we built it very close to my original design, my design was terrible and overlooked major flaws that I don't care to outline here. It's also INCREDIBLY heavy, so much so that Noel's arm twisted clean off like twirled clay when we tried to lift it and turn it over. Colby got sunburned. I did have a good time hanging out with the two of them and trying to get this thing done, but overall it was one sad defeat after another as more complications arose. Whatever, we tried. Sorry everybody. I am rich in 2x4's if anybody needs one. Stinking rich. Craiglist has a number of free or cheap tables available, I just thought it'd be fun to build one. I was totally wrong. I returned the paddles and net to Sports Authority by lying to them and saying that the paddles were peeling after an hour. In reality i just peeled them a bit in the car before I walked in.

Today I received in the mail the last widely published Brautigan book that I needed to have them all, June 30th, June 30th. It's short, and poetry, so it was a very quick read that I enjoyed in the backyard this evening. There are some real gems. I also went on a mini pizza tour with Kira, Alyssa (i think is her name) and Parker. We went to Bella Faccia first, but it was not nearly as good as I remembered, so we drove across town to another pizza place that had much better pizza. I also had pizza with noel last night. My last four meals have been pizza and beer, except for the leftover pizza this morning for breakfast, no beer there. I also at a banana and a plum at one point. My stomach is currently making funny noises.

3 comments:

Side-up-down said...

I will always remember the one game we played on the table. It was amazing. Also I ended up having pizza again too.

molby said...

the whole time i was at work i was like man, i am missing out on the best ping pong probably ever. instead i was only missing out on moto pizza. r.i.p. (the p stands for pong)

BCH said...

sounds like the only person who won was me as i got 6 ft of domestic cedar to grill salmon, chicken, and steak on all summer long!