Saturday, November 8, 2008

3-Deatrice and other things

From 3d


cross your eyes until the 2 pictures overlap. if you are having trouble, use your thumb to cover the picture, so that you can see the left picture with your left eye and right picture with your right eye. Then focus on your thumb. Slowly, lower your thumb and the 3-D picture will be behind it.

I've been working on this instead of homework.

We've had mice in our apartment the last two days. You think we live in squalor now but we really don't, it's very tidy. Tim saw the first one yesterday afternoon run through the dining room. He yelled "there's a mouse in the house!" and I locked Beatrice in my bedroom before she could get mouse-disease. We had it cornered under the oven with bowls ready but it somehow vanished. We pulled the oven out and it was nowhere, and we DID see it under the oven, so who knows. We talked to maintenence but they said it'd be Monday before they came over. We bought some classic mousetraps from safeway, and i'd just listened to the Radiolab podcast about "Building a Better Mousetrap" and they said the classic ones work. They do! We've killed two in two days. Tim heard the first one die. Somehow they are getting in under the sink, probably through the dishwasher. I also spotted a hole in the back of the cabinet where we keep the potatoes. The potatoes weren't bad but I threw them out, because they likely had plague.

I had brunch with my brother and his friends this morning for his 30th birthday. It was delicious and fun. I also had a lovely drive back to corvallis. I snapped many pictures with my phone but they mostly turned out lame.

No comments: