Friday, March 13, 2009

News

News Items!

1)Somebody stole the thermometer transmitter from the front of my apartment. It was in a plastic ziplock bag to protect it from the rain. I suppose i should have expected it, but I figured as soon as somebody picked it up, they would have realized that it was pretty worthless without the rest of it. I checked at the office, they haven't seen it.

2)My USB greenhouse is sprouting a lot now that the LEDS are always on.

3)I have heard that dogs have no concept of time, but my dog Beatrice here just climbed into her kennel at 1:20 pm, which is generally about the time I head back to school on MWF, without me telling her to. She has picked up on a lot of visual or audio cues, such as the squeak of my commuter mug lid, or when I put my backpack near the door, or when I put my shoes on.

4) Here's some fun weekend projects for you, I might give it a go soon, after I am done with finals.

Pinhole Cameras

Matchbox Pinhole Camera

Or if you have more time and don't want to dissasemble the thing everytime, you could make one of these

If you've got an SLR or DSLR this also is fun, but I didn't think it was quite as fun. Though it's cheap and easy.

No comments: