Monday, July 14, 2008

Got it!

We finally had a night clear enough to see the international space station, and yolanda and I just saw it pass over, right through the big dipper and to the NE. Neat! The next pass is in an hour and a half, at 3:50 am. I think i'll skip it though.

Noel and Colby and I took the dog to Forest Park this evening, on a 2-3 mile walk through the woods. I got a couple of new beetles too. It was very cool in the park, which was good since it was about 90 in the sun, and beatrice would have boiled to death. Lots of people said she was cute. I don't know how to react to compliments to our dog. Usually I am not acknowledged, which is fair because I didn't really do anything but bring her to the spot where the other person happened to be. I think that its funny that when dog owners meet, we are expected to be friendly and talkative - about the dogs. I have never asked anyone's names or been asked my own name, just the dogs' names. Topics are usually dog related. Dog owners think other dog owners are very shallow and that the center of their life is the dog. I am going to try to stray into other topics next time. "What'd you spend your stimulus check on? Not enough, eh brother? Didn't catch your name..." I'll let you know how it goes.

Also, earlier today, I was sure that I was seeing a volcano erupting. I looked at google news and saw that there was a very big eruption in Alaska and was blown away that I could see it. Then i realized it was the wrong direction and wrong time of day. Eventually I saw that it was a wildfire in Washington. I was not the only one who made this mistake, according to one article.



When I saw it at about 1 pm, it was more vertical. It's not very dark smoke, so I thought it was steam. Doesn't matter.

Check out episodes of "Nevermind the Buzzcocks" on youtube. Very funny show that Yolanda just showed me. Look for the ones with Noel Fielding, and Amy Winehouse. Also, the party seemed to go well, though yolanda and I fell asleep at midnight, which is a little embarrassing. Apparently people stuck around til about 3, which is funny.

No comments: