Thursday, May 8, 2008

Peter and Judy Haggard

I'm going to crash a meeting of the Oregon Native Plant Society tonight for this:
May 8, Thursday, 7 pm
Meeting: Native Insects. Judy and Pete Haggard will present a program featuring some of the native insects that are in their field guide Insects of the Pacific Northwest. The emphasis of their talks is not only insects but plants, especially native species, and gardening with native plants to attract wildlife. They should have copies of their book available for purchase and autographing. Mt. Tabor Presbyterian Church on SE Belmont Street at SE 54th Avenue. Enter the church parking lot from SE 54th Avenue.


I own their guide and I love it. I think I am going to try to get mine autographed. I'm not a member of the society but i am going to try to name drop some members' names (april fong) and see if they'll let me in. Otherwise, i'll just walk in. I can't imagine that they are too agressive. After all, the whole idea with native plants is that they are less agressive than the invaders that are coming in. I'll be the english ivy of their little club. Or rather the wood louse, since i am not trying to eradicate them.

1 comment:

BCH said...

well if they kick you out you can come over to my house since its right there.

ben